Is talking aloud madness?

Stevo4Stevo4 Posts: 108

Went into the garden early this morning to view the fruits of my labour in the early sunshine. I'm plagued by Bittercress the damn things seem to be everywhere no matter how much I weed them out. Four new ones had appeared overnight or been missed yesterday. As I was gingerly placing a foot between treasured plants I realised that I was saying things to the weeds that I usually reserve for Jehova's witnesses. Is that madness? Please tell me that I'm not the only one!

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

If you can hear them answer you that is madnessimage

I often talk to myself image

• Stevo4Stevo4 Posts: 108

That's a relief Kef. Although I sometimes think the ones I miss snigger at me as I walk awayimage

Gratitude Verdun. I've never been called normal beforeimage

• TopbirdTopbird Posts: 3,985

While trying to pull out  a particularly deep and tenacious shrub root the other day I have to admit to using words I didn't even know I knew. Especially when it snapped and I went flying backwards and cracked my head on the bird bath.

On the other hand all 'pretties' in the garden are rewarded with 'Well hello sweetie' and 'Aren't you beautiful?' when the blooms first open. Seedlings and ailing plants are given tender words of encouragement.

Weeds & pests in general are referred to "little bu$$ers"

As you might have guessed I talk to myself all the time in the garden image

Spanish bluebells, common celadine and bittercress have words specially reserved for them....

Last edited: 20 May 2016 11:22:42

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • B3B3 Posts: 6,913

Do you worry about carbuncles on the face of an old friend, Topbird?

In London. Keen but lazy.
  • plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,238

Today it was my strimmer string/winder/holder thingy that was getting a good talking to! I need to remember that while I may have my earplugs in....others don't! I'm miles away from anywhere thankfully!

Last edited: 20 May 2016 11:26:58

Pp that's funny because when I realised that I was calling a weed 'a fatherless child' I checked to see that the neighbours blinds were closedimage

• hi,iam not liking this new forum,getting round it is a nitemare,anyhow,are any of you growing,morning glory,iam .