hollie hockhollie hock Posts: 3,293

I'm going to add a few climbers to the garden this year and and looking to splash out a £5 on a honeysuckle at Aldis.

I love the smell of honeysuckle, they have a few different types all labelled as strongly scented. Any one better than the other?  They don't look too bad a plant from a supermarket Reasonably healthy just needing a bit of tlc.

I'm trying to get one to grow from layering but it's going to be a while

Thanks for any infoimage

• darren636darren636 Posts: 666

Fragrance overdrive

• hollie hockhollie hock Posts: 3,293

I like the sound of that darrenimage They have labels with different Lonierca names on them

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 11,111

The yellow one "Graham Thomas" is sweetly scented.

It's not a mess, it's a nature reserve.
  • yarrow2yarrow2 Posts: 701

Someone on here advised me last year about 'Heaven Scent'.  It's wonderful - and as the poster on here advised - after the beautiful summer scent it produces lovely bright berries for autumn and winter.  It seems to be tough as old boots as well as it has survived it's first year in a tough environment and come up absolutely covered in buds and looks healthy as anything.

• hollie hockhollie hock Posts: 3,293

Thanks for your suggestions. I've got a traditional terrace long garden enclosed on all sides with only a certain amount of planting space. The plan is to start vertically planting the fences with climbers so over time the garden will have more privacy and become more enclosed. This place is more permanent so it's nice to be able to make longer term plans now.

Will make a note of them all and see if they match up with the Aldi's ones. Heaven scent sounds attractive. I'm very fond of plants that are tough as old boots, minimal maintenance and last throughout the year. Thanks againimage