Privacy Again

Hi there,

I know there's a fair few privacy type questions around but thought I'd ask my own.

I have lovely neighbours but our living room backs onto our garden and the neighbour is elevated, so although there's a 6ft fence between them and us they can see into our living room which is a little disconcerting.

I've done very little except dig out a 5m x 2m border. I could come out further but wouldn't want to. I guess what I'm looking for is some nice foliage that I can either train upwards or some inspiration. The garden is also very green which is nice but colour would be fab.

• philippa smith2philippa smith2 Posts: 6,857

There are lots of climbers, both evergreen and deciduous, which you could grow up the fence - 2 mt depth should give you plenty of choice.  Look for climbers which will suit your orientation and soil.

If you need added height, you could perhaps add some trellis panels to the top of the fence but obviously make sure that the fence is yours before you do that image

• yorkybobyorkybob Posts: 6

Did this work. Ideally I don't want to add trellis.

• plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,238

In and out through the dusty bluebells eh Tet?

It all makes perfect sense. Know anything about football yorkybob? Bring your goalie (plants) out from the fence to close down the angle. image

It doesn't have to be solid planting all within that bed just anywhere in the line of site between the windows.

Last edited: 15 May 2016 20:13:26

Goalie Plants?

Maybe this aerial shot will help.

Red line is the border, blue is the window. Silver birch sounds kind of huge.

Last edited: 15 May 2016 20:19:07

I guess I should have added its not the windows. It's the line of sight from his raised garden and he can see into our living room when the wife is having her sunday morning coffee and the neighbour is cutting the grass, kids playing etc on the raised bed at the back of his garden on the left.

Last edited: 15 May 2016 20:28:25

Ha... in yorkshire but not native. Nothings flat round here, hence the raised neighbours and our house lower down than the patio with a 3ft drystone wall retaining the lawn.

Staggered obelisks sound good... They'd need to be big. 8 footers.