Too many plants

The borders are stuffed with plants and I have a greenhouse full of seedlings/plants. My garden just isn't big enough. Do I dig more borders and shrink the lawn still further? Do I dig up freshly established perennials and replace them with the perennials waiting patiently in the GH?

Its total madness image

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 26,054

I know the feeling Fishy65. Suffice it to say I now have no lawn in my back garden image (it was only small to begin with though)

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 22,332

lose the lawn = you can sell the lawn mower, = more money for plants.

win win

Devon.
  • sanjy67sanjy67 Posts: 1,007

same here Fishy, i have not one space, walked up the village and saw a sign for the market saying 'plants 3 for £1 well....... what can you do, i bought 6 for by window boxes & that was only because they had run out of the ones i bought, probably just as well as i have things growing everywhere

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Tray14Tray14 Posts: 211

Same here - I've actually took some of the lawn up and now have a new boarder to play with ?

• Fishy65Fishy65 Posts: 2,225

It's an addiction isn't it. I gave my son and his wife six delphiniums yesterday and some borage. The greenhouse should look less stuffed when I take my Dad's bedding plants over to him at the end of this month.

I'd love to lose the lawn Hostafan but my Dad helped me create it and wouldn't want to upset him. Plus the dogs like a run.

How about a feature in the middle though? An island bed? image

• KT53KT53 Posts: 3,607

My garden would happily take more plants.  Call it a holiday image

• plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,236

Oh aym I'm like you. I spent the whole day potting things up and not one hole was dug! image We should make a plan to dig at least five holes every day.

and put plants in them.

not just random holes....

Last edited: 14 May 2016 22:28:40

• Emma28Emma28 Posts: 42

I have a similar problem/ addiction. You see... I have no garden. But I kept buying plants/ seeds.... So three times a year I stuff my car full of plants and drive 200 miles up to Manchester and fill my parent's garden with plants imageimageimage They have lots of gaps that need filling and I haven't had to steal any lawn space yet!

Getting an allotment has helped... image Now I can grow stuff to plant there. No room for a GH or cold frame though so... my small bedsit is full of plants :D Including a 3 year old fig tree imageimageimage