Forum home Plants

what syringa vulgaris you like the best?

iamtoiamto Posts: 111

what syringa vulgaris you like the best? The prettiest? :)

• darren636darren636 Posts: 666

Any lilac is good lilac

But if I could only have one, it'd be plain old vulgaris

With small flowered clematis rambling through it, of course ;-)

Last edited: 14 May 2016 15:02:13

• Mark56Mark56 Windsor, BerkshirePosts: 1,653

image The smell is just dreamy. Ours are so tall these are the only ones I could reach! 

• iamtoiamto Posts: 111
    mark56 says:
    image The smell is just dreamy. Ours are so tall these are the only ones I could reach!  See original post

How nice:) what is the name of this? and do you have a picture of the whole plant?

• RedwingRedwing SussexPosts: 1,230

I have a white one, Madame Lemoine, which is only just starting.  The flowers aren't really open yet.  I used to prefer the white ones but now I like the blue ones; just planted one but it has no flowers this year.

Based in Sussex, I garden to encourage as many birds to my garden as possible.
  • Mark56Mark56 Windsor, BerkshirePosts: 1,653
    iamto says:
    mark56 says:
    image The smell is just dreamy. Ours are so tall these are the only ones I could reach!  See original post

How nice:) what is the name of this? and do you have a picture of the whole plant?

See original post

I believe it's president lincoln, mine are all really tall amongst the canopy of trees in my garden. They were here when we moved in image make sure it at least gets considerable sun because it won't flower in shade but will still grow leaves etc. We also have it in darker purple out the front in tree form! I'll try to remember to get a picture. 

Last edited: 16 May 2016 21:57:48