Forum home Plants

my weedy garden

2»

• B3B3 Posts: 27,324

Sounds wonderful butterfly. I'd love to see some pictures from a fellow garden referee.image

In London. Keen but lazy.
  • plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,904

That sounds idyllic Buttercup. I saw one of your pics the other day and it looks glorious.

• Flora rosaFlora rosa Posts: 262

My garden lives under next door neighbour's adorable (!) sycamore tree, so I have a constant battle all spring getting rid of its baby blighters ....... T'other side cultivates dandelions so I battle them too - everything else gets left . After all a weed is only a plant in the wrong place ......beautiful garden B 3 imageimage jealous x

Thanks flora. I hope you manage to grow something under such difficult conditionsimage

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,277
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Bob BobBob Bob Posts: 61
    Lovely that B3 - Aquilegias really put on a show at this time of year.
    Flora rosa says:

My garden lives under next door neighbour's adorable (!) sycamore tree, so I have a constant battle all spring getting rid of its baby blighters ....... T'other side cultivates dandelions so I battle them too - everything else gets left . After all a weed is only a plant in the wrong place ......beautiful garden B 3 imageimage jealous x

See original post

We have a huge sycamore in our garden - It was probably there before the estate was built looking at the size of it so we can't be blamed for it showering the surrounding gardensimage

It does lend a lot of privacy in the summer though from the houses backing onto ours so it's not all bad and is a valuable resource for birds, bugs and leaf mulch! Between that and ground elder there's always plenty of selective weeding to be done from spring onwards though image The last week or two has mainly been it dropping it's flowers everywhere but they kind of blend in with the grass if I squint and don't pay too much attention.image

Yes they do look good this time of year, Bob. The centaureas look good too (no picture). Valerian will be out soon.