Forum home The potting shed

Harlow carr

just a quick question, I'm off to Harlow Carr at the weekend. Anybody have an idea as to how long I will need for my visit?

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 20,384

Depends how long you linger or whether you march straight through. We spent an afternoon, but you might do it in 2 hours. But it was July then.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Andy LeedsAndy Leeds Posts: 518

Depends if you are factoring a trip to Betty's (expect to queue for a table for up to 30 mins, but cream teas are well worth it image).  There are a few paths to follow, but generally it's a loop with a stream walk through the middle.

Also depends if there are kids in tow - there are a few climbing frames / wooden forts etc that would keep them occupied for as long as you let them.

Then there's the obligatory shop and plants to buy, that could be another 30-60 mins.

Enjoy it - I haven't been there since late winter, so will be looking good now :-)

• ThejazzThejazz Posts: 20

Thanks for the help. I had a great three hours( including a Betty's butty) Plants just changing seasons. I forgot they are a week or so behind us in Cheshire. It was fab, will go back in mid summer perhaps. 

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Derbyshire but with a Nottinghamshire postcode. Posts: 16,461

I can spend all day there. Break for lunch, mooch around the plant centre and book bit. Bettys in Harrogate for dinner afterwards.