Forum home The potting shed

Harlow carr

just a quick question, I'm off to Harlow Carr at the weekend. Anybody have an idea as to how long I will need for my visit?

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 14,997

Depends how long you linger or whether you march straight through. We spent an afternoon, but you might do it in 2 hours. But it was July then.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Andy LeedsAndy Leeds Posts: 512

Depends if you are factoring a trip to Betty's (expect to queue for a table for up to 30 mins, but cream teas are well worth it image).  There are a few paths to follow, but generally it's a loop with a stream walk through the middle.

Also depends if there are kids in tow - there are a few climbing frames / wooden forts etc that would keep them occupied for as long as you let them.

Then there's the obligatory shop and plants to buy, that could be another 30-60 mins.

Enjoy it - I haven't been there since late winter, so will be looking good now :-)

• ThejazzThejazz Posts: 20

Thanks for the help. I had a great three hours( including a Betty's butty) Plants just changing seasons. I forgot they are a week or so behind us in Cheshire. It was fab, will go back in mid summer perhaps. 

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 14,707

I can spend all day there. Break for lunch, mooch around the plant centre and book bit. Bettys in Harrogate for dinner afterwards.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3