Best hose spray guns

Morning all

I need to buy yet another hose spray gun (consequence of living on a part-building site means sharing my gardening hose with my hubbie builder).

Most ones I buy end up dripping or dribbling from the Gun at some point and onto my shoes, arm etc, I'd really like one that doesn't leak at the nozzle so I stay dry! 

Also would like the usual multi spray options.

Any recommendations from the forum on good ones?

Thank you!

• TopbirdTopbird Posts: 3,984

No particular recommendations for you but as a general rule I would say go for a metal, good quality (ie more expensive) one.

However, if (like me) you live in an area where the water is really hard - it doesn't really matter what you buy. Mine fill with limescale within one season and although I can soak them in vinegar etc they don't really work properly after a couple of months. I am resigned to dribbling spray guns and erratic sprinklers and usually have to replace every 2nd season.

Leaks are usually caused by improperly fitted seals so get one which has replaceable O - rings / washers etc and make sure the hose fitting also has intact washers.

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • Mel MMel M Posts: 347

Over the years I have had around 5 spray guns, some cheap as chips, others more expensive. They all leaked to some degree or other.

• 8000wildflowers8000wildflowers Posts: 254

Thanks for your comments both,  at least I know it's not just me with the leaks and wet feet 

• Distorted VisionDistorted Vision Posts: 12

I've had my Hozelock Spray Gun for 9 years and its excellent. Never ever leaks and actually use most f the spray patterns. It has a metal body and probably more than you would usually pay but definitely worth it:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hozelock-Multi-Spray-Pro-Gun/dp/B000VIVW1C

• 8000wildflowers8000wildflowers Posts: 254

Thanks ! 

• FirecrackerFirecracker East Lancashire.Posts: 232
    Old thread resurrection! I want a hose gun that has a very forceful jet. Any suggestions?   I want to clear the bird lime off our yard surface, without having to drag the powerwasher out. I have the Hoselock shown in the amazon page, but that is a bit pathetic (very heavy and not keen on any of its settings.) think it's destined for the bin. Thanks for any anticipated suggestions.
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 738
    Gardena works for me, on the single setting (in one concentrated stream, not a sprinkler) it’s actually too strong, but that’s down to my good water pressure. I have very hard water. It’s never leaked and lasted three years so far...
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 738
    Sorry TWO years, can’t count!
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 1,452
    Old thread resurrection! I want a hose gun that has a very forceful jet. Any suggestions?  
    Put your thumb over the end of the hose or even better use a stiff brush and stop wasting water.  :p
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 1,452
    While we're on the subject though has anyone ever taken their leaking spray gun apart and serviced it? I don't use one but I dismantled my leaking 1.5 litre Hozelock hand sprayer the other day, cleaned everything and greased all the O-rings and valves and now it works like new again.