Forum home Problem solving

Anti mole solution

I have problems with mole in my garden. I don't feel comfortable with killing them and I have heard of anti mole netting.

Has anyone tried it before?

http://www.antimolesnetting.com/

• pansyfacepansyface Posts: 21,908

No Moniks, I have never heard of mole netting. I think it would work but it would need a lot of hard work to lay it. You would need to have a completely new garden with no plants in the way. Have you ever tried to lift off a squre metre of soil or turf from your garden? It is back breaking. But hes, if you have an empty space with no plants and only soil, I suppose you could put it down and then buy in a load of top soil and then spread that on top.

Good luck.

I have moles but I just adapted my garden to allow them to run around in it. So my garden looks "wild" rather than neat. It saves me a lot of anger too.image

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
    If you live in Derbyshire, as I do.
  • PosyPosy Posts: 3,601

As Pansy says, this would be a killer to put in and I don't really see how you could use it for borders or fruit and veg plots. It would block the plants as well as the moles. If you are a perfect lawn person, you could take up all your grass, lay the netting and then lay new turf or reseed. I don't like killing things, either but my own experience is that you must kill them or put up with them, there is no other way.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 17,123

Not heard of netting either. We get moles from time to time, OH puts traps down, and it works every time. OH says you have to find the 'main run' 

I think Moniks wants to avoid killing them.image

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,053

who wants the job of burying netting around the perimeter of my garden.

Devon.

Perhaps when those nice young men arrive with their JCB they could do a quick tour of the policies?image

• CeresCeres Posts: 2,286

Hi Moniks,

We watched a mole tunnel from one end of the garden to the other and then it disappeared. With luck your mole will travel to pastures new and you won't have to worry about killing it. Interestingly (or not....) the mole seemed to prefer newly dug ground. I did put a large plastic daisy windmill in the mole run as that is supposed to deter the little beasts. It didn't do much for the look of the garden though.

• bulkerbbulkerb Posts: 258

hi I know you don't want to kill the moles then get some one to do it for you  I have laid hundreds of traps over many years with a success rate of about 95% they may have poor eye sight but are real sneaky.

if you value your lawn then you will take action against them before they completely destroy your garden / lawn. I know what I would do

I'm a vegetarian. I wouldn't ask someone else to eat meat on my behalf. image