Just wondering whether anyone can help id these, not sure whether some are weeds or not or what they are called. Looking to label them up or move them around the garden before they get to big if needed. Thanks
Hi Chump. First of all, the plants you have shown are not weeds. I'll attempt to identify them from the first one downwards.
1. Looks like Alchemilla mollis
2. Its name escapes me at the moment and I've even got it in my garden!
3. Looks like one of the small sedums.
4. Potentilla, aquilegia leaves I think.
5. Bluebells and potentilla.
6. Not sure about these as for some strange reason I cannot get them to enlarge
7. Sedum possibly sedum spectabile.
If I get over my mental block about number 2 I'll get back to you. I know that if it is the one I have in my garden it seeds everywhere but I don't mind that and just remove any that are in the wrong place.
1 is Alchemilla mollis (lady's mantle)
2 might be a Geum of some kind (hopefully not the weedy one, g. urbanum.)
3 not sure
4 is some variety of Potentilla
5 not sure which leaves you mean - can see some Spanish bluebells
6 a Euphorbia of some kind
7 Sedum (ice plant)
thanks both, you've been a real help
The plant in the middle of 6 is a seedling Helleborus Foetidus.
3 is creeping jenny.
Yep Dave - 3's the only one I knew for certain - creeping jenny!