Forum home Garden design

Clueless

• steve ealessteve eales Posts: 10

Hi new friends

My dear mum passed away last year and i 'inherited' a lot of her potted pots. Mum was an avid gardener and everywhere she lived she created lovely gardens. I wasn't particularly interested in gardening so didn't take on board anything - the only gardening i did for mum was to mow the lawn, dig holes and water plants for her.

Anyway, inheriting mums plants has motivated me to get into gardening but remember 'i know nothing'. I've attached some photos of my small (very small) garden. I would love advice of what to plant.

I live in the North-east and live about 2 miles from the windy South Shields coast. The garden is West facing and photos were taken approx 3.00 pm today. I have no idea of the type of soil (yes i have been reading gardening books recently). At times the wind blows quite 'windy' up the street. Being in the North-East we do experience cold rainy winters (and summers). 

Any advice about what to plant in the front garden would be appreciated - I am looking for something pretty (subjective).

I will also plant photos of some of mums plants in another forums as i dont know what they are.

Cheers

• B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 22,300

Only one photo of front garden. Perhaps you could take pictures of some of the inherited plants you wish to use and then the experts would be able to suggest which ones might be suitable to plant there.

In London. Keen but lazy.

Thanks for your responses B3 and Verdun. As you will see in the following photos

the plants are probably too big for the front garden to plant, i was thinking of putting them in their pots along side the garden and in the back yard though if you think they could be planted in the front garden, great.

Thanks for the idea aym280, i'll do that tomorrow. saying that where i live people don't seem to be interested in their gardens !!!!

......and if i am arrested i will blame you, lol

I will upload photos though of other gardens and of me being chased down the street by neighbours and of me being arrested 

cheers

There are 5 other plants of similar size

Cheers

aym280

They look nice - where would you plant them in my garden - along the edges or within the middle

Thanks

Ps remember 'I know [email protected]