Stupid, or what ?

punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 7,614

I am sure none of you would do this, but then again.

Last Summer I took cuttings from 4 different Penstemons, and then potted them on in March.

I labelled each group but............ I realised yesterday, that sometime later, I moved them around the greenhouse, to fit other stuff in.

Now I have now idea which Penstemon are which.

Label every plant punkdoc, you idiot.

Time is never time at all
You can never ever leave
Without leaving a piece of youth

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,257
    I do that all the time Punk, but with penstemon, does it really matter, they are all shades of pinks and purples so will look good wherever you put them.

It's when you find something orange popped up in the bedimage
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 16,205

When I grow different types of tomatoes I buy those little sticky coloured paper dots and stick them on the pots. I have a list of which colour is which variety.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Stevo4Stevo4 Posts: 108

I always do that, punk. I keep quiet about the things I do like that, including losing things and going into the shed to get something and realising I can't remember what it was, just in case the wife makes me go for a dementia test.image

Very organised Pansy.

I do code my fuchsias as I have a lot but greenhouse and garden,,,,,where do the labels go?

I think we're all a bit like the Stevo, always something lost I spend more time looking for tools than plantingimage

• Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,120

Punkdoc. Everyone's done it (too often in my case).

Why do you think there are always so many plant I'd requests? image

I love your sticky dot solution pansyface, such a simple idea but very effective.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,676

I have 2 beds of hostas ( maybe 12 varieties ) in my tunnel with blank labels in front of each row. Labels faded over winter a couple of years back and I have no idea which varieties they are.

Devon.

What is it with pens , I can't get any to last now.

• Sophie17Sophie17 Posts: 342
    I painstakingly labelled every single one of my tomatoes this year....over 100. I used the coloured plant markers. Thought it'd be fine! Didn't reckon on my 5 yr old niece coming round and moving them all!!! When I caught her she said pink had to go with other pinks not blue and yellow because them colours are yuk! Next year I'm stealing pansys idea image
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,676

Lyn, I find an HB pencil is best

Devon.

I have tried those china graph ones, they don't stay