Surprise garden visitor this morning

Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,120

Sat in my garden enjoying a big mug of tea and I can hear scratching, what I think is neighbours cat scaling the fence.

I glance up to check and staring back at me is a fox  image

He simply strolls along the fence, down the side of the house and out the front garden.

I know they're often mooching about at night but 9:30 in the morning.

• WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 2,869

Wow Kitty, hope you didn't spill your tea! I've only ever smelt foxes in our area, never seen one!

• B3B3 Posts: 11,400

the foxes here are brazen . They wander round the garden in the middle of the day and sun themselves on the lawn.

In London. Keen but lazy.
  • darren636darren636 Posts: 666
    My mums garden had a fox family with pups? Every year, nice and cosy behind the conservatory.

We also had 2 hedgehog families
  • Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,120

They live over the road (only houses on one side) in an area of large shrubs and trees that border a huge office building.

They make a right racket some nights and wake me up. Look out the window and you can see them on the grass out front, sometimes its a mother and cubs. Last year she had 3.

• star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 12,844

We back onto fields and woods. We often see foxes strolling around during the day too. Not shy at all. 

Think I might have jumped though Kitty if he was walking alone my fence that early! 

• CeresCeres Posts: 1,823

We had a baby fox in the garden a few years back. My neighbour saw one eating her gooseberries.

• Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,120

I'm a 5 minute walk from the town centre so no fields near me star gaze lily, shops, offices, bus and tram station you name it its here, very busy.

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 28,021

My dad had one that slept on top of the hedge in his sunny back garden. Not in the middle of nowhere either  image

We get a lot of them round here and you often see them in the daytime. Loads of wildlife for them to eat and woodland to hide in. 

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,914

This one will forever have a space in my memories.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,914
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3