Forum home Talkback

Prince......inconsolable

WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 3,190

I've had enough of this creative harvest of the grim reapers...... Prince! It can't be!

Sorry guys, this has broken my heart. Saw him live twice....no experience like that in the world, no musician with that talent to compare.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,277
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SparklesJDSparklesJD Posts: 344

An artist that I'll always regret not seeing live image

• TopbirdTopbird Posts: 5,851
    I'm left absolutely reeling by the incredible loss of talent we've witnessed over the last few months.

One helluva party going on somewhere....
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 3,190

Love the idea Chloe image I'm in! 

Hollie, I paid 31 pounds to see him for two and a half hours twice, different both nights, most exceptional performer, songwriter, singer, guitarist...? Played about 30 instruments.....wrote so many amazing songs! Nothing compares to him! image

• LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,857

Gutted.

'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • darren636darren636 Posts: 666
    So, I got out of the pool, and went back to the changing rooms, smelling to high heaven of chlorine and looking forward to perusing the vending machines. My usual being a maxpax hot chocolate with a curly wurly.

Before I made it out of the changing room I performed the usual empty locker search, hoping to find a 50p or two. My pocket money was only ??2 , so any extra always came in handy- highland toffee were only 5 p !

Instead of coins, I found a brand new Sony walkman. It looked like a thing from the future, I was blown away by the technology.

I looked around to see if I was being watched, hands shaking, picked up the device and slid the metal headphones over my mop hair. Pressed play and

Was hit by something completely alien to me , music like I'd never heard before.

It was purple rain.
  • WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 3,190

Life changing music

• Fishy65Fishy65 Posts: 2,253

Its every day at the moment we seem to be saying goodbye to someone. His songs certainly had their own 'stamp' didn't they and 57 is too young...

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,642

imageimageimage

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Only just heard the sad news image what a shock 2016 has taken its share of talent seems to never end . Purple planting sounds good Chloe.