Choose just one ...

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,553

Wonky and I may be making a detour today which will lead us here

https://www.woottensplants.com/product-category/plantlist/

If you could choose just one plant for your garden from here, which would it be and why?

And for those of you who've got a fair idea of Wonky's garden and mine, what do you think we'll treat ourselves to?

There might be a prize for a correct guess! image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 2,781

Dove! You naughty lady! image  I would like some more grass! Grabbed a pheasant grass from a roadside stall the other day, love it! Any recommendations please folks?

Second thoughts..... I've just checked my crocosmia bulbs and they are a no show, so may need some of those too image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,553

I have designs on an acanthus ........ and possibly some hardy chrysanths ........... and .......

I'd better make some space in the boot image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,600

Odd that. Expensive crocosmia bulbs I bought last year have disappeared. The cheap ones I bought by the bag of 50 from Parkers are thriving. My eremurus cleopatra have disappeared, also lilium longiflorum that were in the border, those in pots are coming up.

Still, without spaces, where would I put all the new seedlings.?

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 21,540

Hosta fireworks ( just had to google image it )

Devon.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,507

Stipa anything dies in our winters and i have enough other grasses.  Acanthus grow well here but in my fertile soil they don't flower, just do glossy foliage.

I have alkaline soil which limits choices but, assuming I could grow anything and wanted a shrub it would be this https://www.woottensplants.com/product/corylopsis/corylopsis-pauciflora/

I'd choose this clematis to brighten up winter - https://www.woottensplants.com/product/clematis/clematis-cirrhosa-jingle-bells/

I'd have a group of dieramas for their grace and elegance and height.

Nothing tender or that needs cosseting.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,600

My guess is Salvia Wendy's wish.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3

My soil is alkaline side of neutral, sandy and well drained due to many stones.love both your choices Obelixx image I'm looking for structure in the garden I think, really learning about plant placement this year, last year it was just celebrating if something survived! image its still a bit of a hit and hope process, learning as I go image

Fidget, I'm afraid my crocosmia were from poundland lol image but the album from there have had an OK success rate image but really loved the look of crocosmia and not grown them before so a bit disappointed image thank you for my raspberry ripple aqualigia, they are growing very well image looking forward to seeing them bloom!

Google imaged the Hosta fireworks too Hosta, image its lovely! I don't have a Hosta yet...imageimageimage