Forum home Garden design

Before and (nearly) after

D0rdogne_DamselD0rdogne_Damsel Saint Yrieix La Perche, FrancePosts: 2,163

Last year I started building a rockery out of the previous owner's dumping ground. Had lots and lots of advice from all on here and was asked to keep you up to date with pics. It's not quite in all its glory yet but has come along way. Took a pic today as the sun was shining so thought I would share. image

Before picture

And now: 

Obviously still a way to go with the alpines spreading completely but much less of an eyesore. image

Gardeners, I think, dream bigger dreams than emperors. – Mary Cantwell

• Dave MorganDave Morgan Posts: 3,123

Gorgeous Dordogne, absolutely gorgeous.

• WintersongWintersong Posts: 2,436

You should be proud DD image

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 16,251
    I love doing these sorts of photos. It's funny to look back after a number of years and see features that you had completely forgotten about. And it gives you a chance to pat yourself on the back and think that maybe all the hard work really has been worth it.

Beautiful garden, by the way. image
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Fabulous! Love it image

• PosyPosy Isle of Wight.Posts: 1,771

Wow, what a difference!

• D0rdogne_DamselD0rdogne_Damsel Saint Yrieix La Perche, FrancePosts: 2,163

Thanks all, think the shrubs were all just in their best colours today and now the bamboo has gone (well nearly) and they all had a good 'haircut' last year they have really come on. 

I am just hoping the alpines will fully spread this summer to make it all look more natural. image

Gardeners, I think, dream bigger dreams than emperors. – Mary Cantwell
  • That's beautiful DD  ........ good to see the fruits of your labours coming through ....... and it all looks so natural image

• Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,535

Looks gorgeous DD image

• Lou12Lou12 Posts: 1,149

That's great, you've really smartened that up.

• EllisoneEllisone Posts: 17
    Wow. Great job! I especially like the different colours in the leaves catching the sun.