Forum home The potting shed

The cutting garden 2016

12346»

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 14,156

Sweet peas for the wedding on July 18th  that I rashly promised back in January.

and confetti made from delphinium flowers.image

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3

A bunch of buddleja flowers to bring the scent on to the patio.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3

The pink one is self set, in a crack in the front wall. I have to threaten the council man and his weedkiller, to save it.

It has gone a bit bonkers this year though.

• Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,535

hi Fidget will you be starting a cutting garden 2017 thread? ?????

I think I will be busy potting up and taking cuttings ready for moving. I have warned mum I may be commandeering one of her polytunnels.

• Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,535

Exciting news re move Fidget and hope you are looking forward to your new home and garden.  When i moved 2 years ago (where has that time gone?!) i brought with me overly sixty pots of plants and still left the old garden full! image

If you don't mind i will start a new cutting garden thread for 2017? X

Thats fine by me, Beaus mum.

Anyone interested in buying  a copper jug or two?

• TigrahTigrah Posts: 125
    fidgetbones says:

The pink one is self set, in a crack in the front wall. I have to threaten the council man and his weedkiller, to save it.

It has gone a bit bonkers this year though.

See original post

I took some cutting of a pink one and of a purple one with silvery foliage last year (not from my garden). They have been growing well inside in a cuttings pot, but I was unsure whether or not to let then loose in my garden for fear of never being rid of them. I have q shared part of the garden along the access path where I out my bins that just had bare soil I was planning on planting in this year as it is a long stretch of soil and a space for more plants! Even if it doesn't do well in the shade it wouldn't be a loss and is out of the way enough from my main garden that I wouldn't have to worry too much about uprooting it. Unless it really got out of hand in my paths. Thought it may be good to hide the bins! 

I plan on growing many cut flowers this year, is like to grow them for my mother and grandma, mainly. I'd like to leave some in the garden though, haha.

Sweet Williams, a pink gypsophillia, delphiniums  (hopefully, they were small plants that may have not survived the winter), alstroemeria if they flower, hellebores, chrysanthemums, echinacea, poppies, sweet peas, rudbeckia, roses, daffodils, probably some others. I am plant mad, and there's likely no have in what I plan on doing add this is my first garden and I intend on as many plants as possible. 

Last edited: 11 January 2017 10:38:23