Forum home The potting shed

The cutting garden 2016

• MackersMackers Posts: 21

Fidget, I love the copper croc skin jug, beautiful displays

• plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,234

imageimageimageimage

The man who lived here before me was a "rose nut". Me? Not so much but I have to admit they are lovely at this time of year.

That last one was photographed a couple of days ago and unfortunately fell victim to last night's rain. It's looking a bit sad this morning.

• LoganLogan Posts: 2,532

I have 2 tubs with sweetpeas in they were a free packet from a seed company for ordering some seeds from them,but not flowering yet.image

If I had lovely bud vases like someone else on here, those would be indoors. 

Sweet pea make beautiful cut flowers. I used to take handfuls to my cousin when she was ill and they just kept coming. Great fragrance.

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 14,177

Most of my bud vases I get from charity shops. They often have real crystal ones for a couple of quid each. The copper jugs I got off eBay for the wedding. They took a lot of polishing.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3

WOW! Those are brilliant fidget. Did you try the old brown sauce trick to clean them up or did you do it properly with elbow grease?

I love that they're the same but different. image

Well they came in differing states, but basically, I wiped them with acetone to clean off the Mr sheen. Then I washed them in neat fairy liquid and left them to soak in the bath. Then they got brassoed using an electric toothbrush to get in the cracks. Then washed again. Then a nice buff up with brasso on a cloth. Lots of elbow grease.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3

That was a labour of love! I hope it was appreciated.

imageimage

That looks like your wedding. Is it?