Forum home The potting shed

The cutting garden 2016

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 14,401

My hardy annuals are coming up in my cutting bed and I have some half hardy ones hardening off which will join them. Sweet peas are starting to grow, planted against the trellis in the cutting bed.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 14,204

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3

I admit to the cow parsley coming from the verge by the canal.imageimage

Still plenty of alliums in the veg patch to cut.

Last edited: 17 May 2016 16:05:44

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3

While I was cutting peonys, I found these.

imageimage

• plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,234

They're very loved up aren't they? image

You definitely have "IT" fidget whatever it is. The flowers at your wedding were stunning too! So simple and so perfect.

Like me. image

I've been asked to grow blue sweetpeas for a wedding in mid July.  They are in and tied to the canes. Now fingers crossed.

I like your mixy matchy.

That allium picture was somewhere else today and I thought "I'm havin that". Now where did I leave those wee blue things? I have 1 (yes one) allium with a bud (thank you Mr Parker) so I'll do what I can. image

I have given away the last of the alliums to a neighbour,  Now as it's June it must be roses. I don't have many roses.  but I cut some buds for bud vases. The pink one I bought as a n old rose, but I have no idea of name.

The alliums have finished, and the leaves died off, so I dug them up. The bulbs have increased from little things that were not big enough for the flower borders, to 150 bulbs, some the size of my palm.

I noticed the first bud on the sweet peas.image The ones I have booked for someones wedding in July should be OK

This month should be roses, so what have you got?