Forum home Problem solving

Help with grenhouse please!

Hi All, wonder if anyone with greenhouse knowledge out there can help? I bought a second hand greenhouse at the weekend. The glass had already been removed, and my husband and i dismantled the frame, and bought all the bits home.

I have a box of clips i don't know whether i should reuse, or buy new along with nuts, screws and a gasket. Trouble is i cant find the same shape clips to buy new, so would W clips work? I have no Z clips, do i need them? And i have no gasket, and looking at a corner piece of extrusion, i cant work out which one to buy! I have been trying to work out who the manufacturer is and cant, i think it is a good few years old. Does anyone recognise anything from my photos which might help me put this thing together??? image

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hi thanks for your info, was very close to buying W clips! Yes base is built. Are you using a gasket or rubber seal?
  • TopsoiledTopsoiled Posts: 113

I've dismantled and rebuilt 3 greenhouses (all free!). I find a bit of clear silicon sealant works as an excellent gasket - and ensures the glass doesn't fall out even if you use different clips - which I have. The w clips seem to do the same job whatever their shape and whatever type of greenhouse you have. I have lots of spares, lots of nuts and bolts (the old ones are quite happy to snap) and spare z clips.

I don't recognise the clips in the photo but a bit of silicon may do the job. I've found that the greenhouses are never perfect once they have ben rebuilt and moved etc so the silicon helps stick the glass in place and the clips are back up.

• Thank you both for your help. I will try and reuse the clips i have, and maybe buy some spare from a Headen clip supplier. Also i will get some z clips, and my husband has found a square foam gasket (3x5mm) online which looks the right size and is sticky on one side. I will post a pic when we are all done, maybe a couple of weeks! image

• Hello.  I've happened across this post from few years ago and I seem to have the same greenhouse with the problem. I was wondering if you ever found a solution that enabled you to put your greenhouse together?  Or even figured out the brand of the greenhouse? Many thanks in advance.  :-)
  • PosyPosy Isle of Wight.Posts: 3,601
    OH says you can use sticky-backed draught excluder for the gasket and that clips can usually be adapted to suit the frames.