Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Groupon

Jo RockJo Rock Posts: 6

Anyone bought any shrubs or plants off Groupon. Look like good deals but not sure what condition they will arrive?

Not getting the enjoyment of wandering round a nursery but saving the £s is it worth it

• Not brought any plants off groupon myself. If you do decide to buy anything please let me know the quality of there products. Might be worth looking in to in the future.

• I've bought plug plants from groupon (this is my second year doing so) - very happy with the ones I've received! image

• Did they come as plug plants? If so did you pot them out first to let them get a bit more established.? Take it they prob cant go straight into the ground. 

Thanks Helen 

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190
    They don't grow plants, there is an offer through them but the plants come from Van Meuwen, is that the same as Thomson & Morgan? I know they are owned by one of the well known plant suppliers.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• hehe not sure what you mean lol. 

There are a few offers atm on there some say the plants come as plugs. Just wondered if they were mini plugs

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190
    I wouldn't bother to buy those mini plugs now, it's too late. That's why they are cheap, but other than those, I don't think there are bargains on there.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Helen,  they do come as mini plugs, I've potted them on and they'll stay in the greenhouse until they are big enough to plant out.  I had beautiful displays with them last year so hoping for the same is year image.

• Looking at clematis plant ( very cheap) reckons n its worth it just to see I've read pretty bad reviews about groupon but had a couple of things from them and they were ok - no plants though ?

Last edited: 19 June 2017 07:53:23