Forum home Plants

a couple of IDs please

nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,556

This viburnum has never had a name, bought cheap, lost label, years ago. Out now, fantastic scent, semi evergreen but the leaves turn red in autumn

and this one which I think is a petasites or near relation. Very white in flower to start with, then goes pinkish, about 2 foot tall. Invasive in a friend's garden where it came from but diminishing in mine, probably too dry in summer. 

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 16,156

Oh nut, FGS, if you don't know...... how on earth do we.?

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,277
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Peanuts3Peanuts3 Posts: 759

I was thinking the same thing Fidgetbones.  If our guru doesn't know, there is no hope imageimageimage

Hope someone is able to help Nutcutlet.

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,556

image fidget,

I did wonder about x burkwoodii aym but there are so many out there and I don't know the diffeences. It's not likely to be anything unusual though, given its originsimage

Viburnem burkwoodii would be in flower now.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3

image fidget,

I did wonder about x burkwoodii aym but there are so many out there and I don't know the diffeences. It's not likely to be anything unusual though, given its originsimage

This is today's pic fidget, it's out. It's had a few flowers since NYD, it was on the flower count

aym, there are thousands I don't knowimage

But I'm working on itimage

• LandlubberLandlubber Posts: 396

no idea....image

image Landlubber

Hilliers book describes x burkwoodii as dark shiny leaves, Brown grey felted beneath, fragrant white flower clusters, pink in bud. Flowers January to May.

Roger Philips and Martin rix describe it as  deciduous shrub to 2.5 m, leaves I hate to Lancelot, flowers scented, 12mm across, .

Other possibility is Viburnum x carlcephalum

.hee hee autocorrect changes that to cataclysmic.