Forum home Plants

More Plant ID's, Your Help Please

2»

• HCAHCA Posts: 129

star's image is a Clivia and they are not really hardy outdoors in the UK so I think that is unlikely.  My best bet is a tulip.

• Kay8Kay8 Posts: 216

I have literally just had the same problem with my Hebe! I have now moved mine into a large pot as it was in my rockery! It took some serious digging out as well! x

• GardenmaidenGardenmaiden Posts: 1,126

I did wonder if it could be a clivia HCA. Mine is in a pot indoors and doesn't like being outside even in summer.

• HCAHCA Posts: 129

The flower of Clivia is very distinctive but it is not so easy with just leaves.  I have a feeling that the leaves grow opposite each other but I am not sure!

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,421

You're right re clivia leaves HCA. 

http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/plants/what-do-i-do-now/903604.html

I won a clivia in a raffle and had to have it ID'd here.image

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • KatfishKatfish Posts: 56
    Hebe - take some cuttings. Can't see why you wouldnt prune it to shape it if you are just shaping it and not trying to encourage it to grow into shape. They don't regrow too well from pruning, but can recover over a few years. Is hebe topiary a thing?
  • one is a Hebe, I lightly prune mine when it finishes flowering but not too far into the old wood.

the second I think is a Aquilegia and a allim.

the third is a dead lavender, they like well drained soil and a sunny spot, has been said English lavender are slightly hardier than French.