Forum home Plants

My plant of the month......

Well, you learn something new every day. Never seen one, smelt one or even heard of one.image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,268

I've got one, given to me by a dear friend image  still a baby and not old enough to flower yet - but one day image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• MarlorenaMarlorena East AngliaPosts: 6,774

...my favourite deciduous shrub...my plant is about 6 x 6 foot and approaching full flush... incidentally, I would dispute that it's insignificant for the rest of the year, it has glorious autumn colour, some of the very best, and the oak like leafage is fine in itself, and I grow a clematis through its open branchwork in summer...

• Oddly enough Tetley - my plant of the month is a Ribes too - R. sanguineum White Icicle. Mine are only babies too Dove but they've just started flowering - lovely spicy pure white flowers hanging in clusters image I'm really pleased I bought a couple of these image

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,277
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PosyPosy Isle of Wight.Posts: 3,422

Totally agree! It's a wonderful scent but mine won't be flowering for a week or three yet. I like the leaves - but then, I like eleagnus too. Speaking of which, another winner is the silver leaved, tiny yellow flowered eleagnus which will scent the whole garden when it flowers in early summer.