Slow worms

I was delighted to see a Slow Worm back in the garden today......first sighting this year ....an adult approx 10" long.

A lovely day today and he/she is having a well deserved sunbathimageimage 

• Mel MMel M Posts: 347

We have Slow Worms down here in Cornwall. Today, as I was planting bunching onions, I came across the tinyes, weeniest little Stick Insect, not even an inch long. Tried to move it to the brambles on my trowel but it kept jumping off, then dissapeared. I have had adult Stick Insects in my Blackberries but I have never seen one this small.

• Mel image

Can't say I've ever had Stick insects in the garden but I always used to look forward to the Praying Mantis when I lived in France.

Used to enjoy the Lizards too...even in Devon...... but don't get them here in Somersetimage

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,088

31st Marchimage

• imageimage Nutcutlet

I'll have to have a little chat with mine !

• Ooh..........serious Naughty Step for you then Snowimageimage

It was good to see,image

• Never seen a live slow worm here - although they do live in Gsy. apparently. No moles, foxes, hares, squirrels or badgers here though.

I'd never seen one til we offered a home to a few that had be made homeless by a 'developers'. 

I was pleased to see at least one is still around after a couple of yearsimage