Frangipani

I have some oil and love the scent and the flowers, are they hard to grow from seed or would I be better off hunting down a plant?

I assume they'll have to be kept inside given they're Australian originally?

• Aster2Aster2 Posts: 629

According to the RHS website it's H1b, so not very hardy but can be grown outside in summer. It's toxic, tough.

https://www.rhs.org.uk/Plants/94126/i-Plumeria-rubra-i/Details

• SparklesJDSparklesJD Posts: 344

Maybe it'll have to wait until I get that holiday home in Italy then...

...I can dream!

• lino67uklino67uk Posts: 6

Hi. I have some wonderful plumerias of a collection called Jungle Jack's .They are miniature, compact and can grow virtually anywhere. Of the three varieties 2 are blossoming right now.

• Where do you grow yours? I asked this recently as would love some in my conservatory to remind us of Hawaii

The divine one is not that scented.One of my miniature (thumbalina) has a strong fragrance reminiscent of citrus fruit. A friend of mine's bought a bright and yellow Inca Gold

.image

Thumbalina

clairegreenlow says:

Where do you grow yours? I asked this recently as would love some in my conservatory to remind us of Hawaii

See original post
    In this season you can keep them in your garden .They need protection from the most severe climate. The conservatory is perfect.

• I would love to get my hands on some of those miniature ones. Can you buy them in the UK?

tinatina says:

I would love to get my hands on some of those miniature ones. Can you buy them in the UK?

See original post

I can't post you here a shop address .They have  a wide selection of plumeria. You can definitely buy them online from Italy.

aym280 says:

lino67uk: citrus scent? Is your conservatory heated day and night in winter? I like the scent of the yellow one. Incredible, you can't sit still. Oh dear, must go .. 

See original post

When the plant is dormant (with no leaves) ,it doesn't need light. You can keep it in any corner of your house.Temperatures below 10 degrees Celsius can damage the plants

lino67uk says:
    tinatina says:

I would love to get my hands on some of those miniature ones. Can you buy them in the UK?

See original post

I can't post you here a shop address .They have  a wide selection of plumeria. You can definitely buy them online from Italy.

See original post

Of course they ship to UK ,and the site is in english.