BBC 2's popular gardening series 'Big Dreams, Small Spaces' with Monty Don

Hi,

I have been approved by the gw.com team to allow me to post here.

The popular BBC2 gardening series, ‘Big Dreams, Small Spaces’, with Monty Don, are currently looking for keen gardeners to take part in the third series.

Please feel free to PM me here with any queries, or e-mail [email protected]

I look forward to hearing from you.

Are you wanting to create your dream garden?

Do you want to recreate a favourite place, holiday destination, era or theme on your own patch of land?

Does gardening appeal to you even though you may have never held a trowel in your hands before? 

Do you have a special reason for wanting to transform your outside space – perhaps a celebration, a lifelong ambition, or a new chapter of your life?

Lion TV are producing the third series of Big Dreams Small Spaces with Monty Don, for BBC 2, about people who are planning extraordinary gardens in their back or front plots of land. He will again be on hand to give advice, roll up his sleeves to lend a hand and give his verdict on the finished work.

If you fit any of the above criteria and would like to achieve your garden ambitions with a little help from the UK's favourite gardener please get in touch.

If you are interested in taking part or would like to learn more please contact [email protected]

• I need a programme called 'Big Dreams, Big Garden..No Money..' !!!

• Verdun wrote (see)

I think, deep down, we all like and respect Monty.  image

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 7,096

Except David K?!

You wouldn't know a diamond if you held it in your hand
    The things you think are precious, i don't understand
  • Aster2Aster2 Posts: 629

I'm glad there's going to be another season! (And wish I had a suitable space so that I could apply.) Just please do a different voiceover, one that matches Monty's style rather than one that drips with saccharine and tries to create drama where there is no need.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 21,634

and can we stick to factual accuracy and not just opinions and preferences stated as if fact.?

Devon.
  • I am glad too Aster2 and agree about the voice-over.

Surely people who volunteer and are accepted for the programme understand MD's beliefs and preferences - as do the viewers who enjoy watching. It is a fact - to me - that nothing needs to be sprayed, splatted or killed ..... other people would take that as an opinion or preference ....... just sayin' image

it's not a fact if it's just a preference. Seemples.

Treat the audience as intelligent adults , give them the options, tell them the consequences and let them make up their minds. 

Many inexperienced gardeners watch TV and need facts, not dogma.

Devon.
  • It is a fact to me Hostafan1 ........ I live my life by it and have done for many many years.

Anyone who has an opinion and voices it will offend someone......

opinions are great, we all have them, I totally respect the right of everyone to have them even when they differ from my own.

Factual accuracy is another thing entirely.

Let's agree to disagree. 

Devon.