Forum home Problem solving

Totaly overgrown

• Lou12Lou12 Posts: 1,149

I like the overgrown steps, it's like a fantasy world image

• I have no advice but just wanted to be another one to say "what a great project! and look out for things to save!"
  • GardenmaidenGardenmaiden Posts: 1,126

I would cut down the brambles and tidy as best you can, and as you come across plants, post pics on here to identify. You could have some plants or bulbs starting to appear that you would want to keep.

• Its very late but thank you everyone for you encouragement unfortunately I have been ill since April but all mended now.

Not been a total wasted time I have spent it making plans and seeing if anything actually is worth keeping, I do now have a greenhouse and potting shed but the rest of the garden is still a mess.

I will keep this page going now and post as I move on.

• I did buy new Pauline, the green house went on an old base discovered early on, the potting/tool shed went onto a new base with new power and water supply.

The area still needs to have compost bins and I'm thinking of building and external bench area so I can do seed sowing, potting up etc outside when the weather is nice.

• Oops - Just seen this is an old post my response wasnt relevant!

Last edited: 28 September 2016 21:58:57

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949

Oh Solent! Your garden could be full of knotweed I'd still have envy. Look at that beautiful greenhouse!

• Yup serious greenhouse and potting shed envy over here too!  Glad your feeling better, can not wait to see further developments - you have an amazing garden! 

• I'm glad you all approve I did take advice as I'm a total novice at all of this.

I know there a bit extravagant but I hope they will last a long time.

The green house is empty I'm afraid, but once I get going or should that be growing  image I'm sure it will be very useful.