Long handle shovel

Hi I'm trying to find what I believe is a long handled shovel used for opening drills for potatoes etc. These t??ls used to have a long wooden handle wit has a bent handle to enable the user to the head level/flat while passing it to create the drill. Please help


  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 14,212

    Sorry, but I've not the faintest notion what you're talking about Jamie.

    Do you mean a chillington hoe?

  • Do you mean something like a giant decorator's shave hook, which you can draw across the soil to make a V-shaped trench?

  • I think I know what you mean......not much used here in the UK (except for ditching) but I know they are in other countries.

    Amazon have a good selection, just search 'long handled shovels'.

  • michael mpcmichael mpc Posts: 422

    hi Jamie just noticed your note if you log on to wolf tools you will find what you are looking for I have a hoe drill for making a furrow for spuds ( long handled shovel   a  good garden centre I got 2 about 4 trs ago  one for me and a xmas present for big sister she loves it saves your back (  £20ishpounds then ) you can find all sorts on wolf tools  I have about 6 items    hope it helps  

Sign In or Register to comment.