Forum home Plants

skimmia jap. rubella

2»

• Lou12Lou12 Posts: 1,149

I have 3 or 4 and they are all in heavy clay in fairly deep shade and doing well.

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 54,905

Seven shades of ***** here today too Lorna! Scottish climate suits skimmias and they grow well up here. I expect you're likely to have quite similar soil conditions - if you see rhodies, camellias and  pieris growing in gardens around you, skimmias will be fine  image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • Lorna95Lorna95 Posts: 436

Thank you Lou, might have to get another one if they like really deep shade aswell.

does anyone know if they can be grown in a pot aswell, I have deep shade round the side of the house, but can plant anything in the ground as there is a paved walkway, so I would like to put something in pots on the paved area.

Fairygirl, in the road I live in no one grows any plants, they put hedging up and maybe a tree or a small bush but that's it no one does gardening here. I'm sure it will be fine, just can't plant yet as it is to wet. It's typical I was out all week having to go to places and it was lovely sunshine, now I'm in today and it is just wet wet wet. image