Monty's Dog

Has he got another one as last night on Gardenrs' World there were two?

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,631

Nell

Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,472

You beat me to it Hosta image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

another distraction from gardening.

Devon.
  • flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,114

That new dog as been there for a few weeks now image

Devon.

Sorry image

• I wonder if anyone ever realises that the shots you see on GW are carefully choreographed.....they're not as spontaneous as they appear. i.e. dog, man pushing a barrow, robin in tree, etc etc.

It didn't take Mr D long to cash-in of the public adoration of Nigel......surprise, surprise, we'll get another dog that looks just like Nigel.

All a bit   image

I saw the dog pushing the barrow last week imageimage

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,472

David ... we're not daft ... we know that scenes are planned, story boarded, scripted, rehearsed and filmed probably several times.  I think it's amazing how co-operative the robin is.

Like a lot of people, Monty gardens with his dogs, a lot of the viewers like seeing them.  My assumption is that, given that Nigel has had some health problems, the Don family wanted to get a younger dog rather than feel totally bereft when Nigel eventually goes to that great field of tennis balls in the sky.  If you want to think differently, so be it. 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Lou12Lou12 Posts: 1,149

I read in Gardner's World earlier on that Monty used to have two cats as well. What a shame they have passed on. That would have been fun image