Forum home Plants

Help with Dahlia

Lorna95Lorna95 Posts: 436

I bought some Dahlia's a few weeks back and planted them in to trays, I watered them a tiny bit. I have been checking them everyday, some have a tiny bit of growth and some haven't. I know the can take a while before I see any growth but I thought I would just feel round the top to make sure they are still quiet firm.

One of them felt a little bit soft so I lifted it up and found all this blueish looking stuff on the underneath and the tuber's that it is on are quiet soft and some have gone wrinkly but some of them are still ok.

They are in a unheated greenhouse.

Could somebody please tell me what the stuff is and do I buy some fungicide powder for it?

Any help please.

• Lorna95Lorna95 Posts: 436

Thanks Verdun, I only put them in trays as I see that on the Sarah Raven site.

I will get rid of that tuber and replant my other's in to pots today, 

Thank you Verdun image

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 32,395

Totally agree with Verdun. 

Spend the money on a nice new one. I saw some the other day for £1.35 each, but none I fancied. typical.

Devon.
  • Lorna95Lorna95 Posts: 436

Thanks Hostafan,  I did pay a few euro for them when I got them, I was in one of the euro shop's yesterday and they were selling them for a euro, but they were so small and didn't look great so I walked away. 

I have found a better shop that sells them so I will look back in there.

Thanks for your help.image