Forum home Talkback

Osteospernums

flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,116

Do osteospernums grow back year after year? image

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160

Yes, they're perennial, not sure how hardy they are. I had one for years but it was in a very sheltered placeimage

• flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,116

thankyou nut cutlet image, I bought four new ones today but I have kept two old ones to see if they grow back, have I done right in cutting the old ones right back?

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160

I think mine used to get a hack back but wait and see what others say, I might not remember accuratelyimage

Ok nutcutlet thank you image

I will be honest, I can't remember what the name was but one seems to look quite green at the bottom so I'm keeping my fingers crossed image thanks Verdun 

• CharleyDCharleyD Posts: 440

I've got 4 out of 5 that I bought about 3 years ago as very small plug plants.  I cut them down to about 3" in around February/March and give them a mulch, especially if it's frosty.  

Thanks Charley I will remember that in future save wasting money too image, but I will find out which ones I've got I'm sure I saved the plant pots with the name on them, I will keep you all posted image

• CharleyDCharleyD Posts: 440

Verdun, I'm almost certain they are the Sunny Collection going from the colours that I have.  They grow really big in the summer and spread out over onto the path next to them and flower from late spring right through to the first frosts.  I definitely bought them as perennials.