Help!

D0rdogne_DamselD0rdogne_Damsel Saint Yrieix La Perche, FrancePosts: 2,151

Quick question to all you knowledgeable  people out there:

I will be in the UK for just one week, 7th- 14th April. I want to have an eye test and buy some new glasses and prescription sunglasses. 

Can anyone recommend an opticians that will be able to do that inside a week and also are there any offers BOGOF etc. being advertised on UK TV at the moment? 

Thanks for any advice. image

Apologies if the post is not properly gardening related, but I do need them to get out there and work! image

Gardeners, I think, dream bigger dreams than emperors. – Mary Cantwell

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 16,209
    Boots are reasonable. You can book an appointment online.

https://www.boots.com/en/Book-an-Eye-Test_1127693/

They usually have some sort of offer going.

Sorry, my link won't clink just now. Just to prove me a liar, it has done. image
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,580

Specsavers - go on their website to book an appointment - that way you can try several different towns and see what you can get.  I always get my specs from them - they seem always to do BOGOF above a certain price, and I always pick mine up within a couple of days.

Good luck image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Vision Express used to offer specs made within an hour, not sure this service still exists or would include offers. However, they have branches all over the UK, so may be worth thinking about.

• D0rdogne_DamselD0rdogne_Damsel Saint Yrieix La Perche, FrancePosts: 2,151

Thank you all, will make some enquiries. x

• DD - I've checked with 'Vision Express' and they assure me they would be able to accommodate your needs.

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,257

Specsavers can always fit you in, very good, latest computer technology and always two for one.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• D0rdogne_DamselD0rdogne_Damsel Saint Yrieix La Perche, FrancePosts: 2,151

Thanks for all the info, have spoken to Specsavers today and they have booked me in and promised my glasses will be ready in time. image