Forum home Talkback

Invasive plants

Wild garlic is rampant in my garden. It grows up though other plants and it seems impossible to remove it. Each year I dig up and destroy hundreds of little bulbs but each year the number of plants has increased so that it has almost taken over my garden. is there any way I can remove these apart from getting a bulldozer in?

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 16,590
    Well, look on the bright side. Firstly, they are delicious. Secondly, they die down in summer so you don't have to look at them for long.

Maybe you could eat them out of existence? Offer them to a local restaurant?
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Invicta2Invicta2 Posts: 663

Your garden must smell pretty ripe when you are pulling them up. I believe they are a very fashionable culinary item at posh restauraunts so maybe you could make some money from them.

• chris 172chris 172 Posts: 403

Hi

i am with Pansyface eat it image gorgeous and free food

happy gardening

• chris 172chris 172 Posts: 403

Yum yum

lamb, mint and garlic can't get better with a bit of mash image

going to make the tea ????

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 60,348

I've got spearmint and Bowles apple mint in my garden.  I'm seriously considering water mint for the bank behind the wildlife pond.  Love mint image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 24,602

Dove, you're welcome to as much water mint as you like in June. Our lake is over-run with the flippin' stuff.

Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 60,348

image  A small root will be fine thanks image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh