RIP Cliff Michelmore & Paul Daniels

.....both died today. RIP image

• happymarionhappymarion Posts: 4,591

I can see Cliff Michelmore right now reporting on the telly the Aberfan Disaster with the tears rolling down his cheeks.  I and millions of others were sobbing with him at the news of how many children were believed dead. He covered some dreadful news items.  RIP. 

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 7,607

Can't say anything nice about Paul Daniels, so I won't say anything at all!

Time is never time at all
    You can never ever leave
    Without leaving a piece of youth
  • punkdoc wrote (see)

Can't say anything nice about Paul Daniels, so I won't say anything at all!

But you did! image

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 14,228

My father used to watch Tonight in the sitting room after work when I was small. We couldn't disturb him until it was over. Cliff Michelmore lived in Reigate, Surrey, then which was were we lived until I was 11. Used to see him sometimes, he was very tall. 96 is a good age though.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Fond memories of both RIP

• RIP for both. Thoughts and prayers with the families
  • treehugger80treehugger80 Posts: 1,915

Paul Daniels was from Middlesbrough along with a good chunk of my family, my auntie worked with him when he worked for the local council.

she told me he was always trying new tricks out on the typewriter girls and getting shouted at by the boss for stopping them working!

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Marion, Aberfan  I can't claim to remember CM reporting, I think I was about seven and staying at my Nanna's for the week and remember her crying (she lost her husband in a pit disaster when she was 30) eventually she let me watch the news later in the day image RIP Cliff. 

Paul Daniels I haven't seen much of him, I do remember the jokes about when he married Debbie, they proved them wrong and hopefully had a good life together. 

• flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,114

Fond memories Treehugger image, as a youngster I remember being fascinated by his tricks image . RIP Paul Daniels image