Forum home Talkback

Talkback: Buying fruit trees

124»

• Nearest nurseries are always play a good role while planting a single fruit garden at nearest their residence
    drip irrigation
  • Please could you advise me if I could grow a victoria plum tree in a pot and if so what is the name of the best ones and what size does the pot have to be
  • I have a lemon tree, bought last year with one lemon, which we ate. Lots of flowers at the moment. Do I need to do anything to get fruit? It is indoors in a cool cloakroom, window open sometimes.
    Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Thank you

Karen
  • What can be done to stop a minitre cherry tree from peeling? the shoots are not coming through on the branches near the problem.
  • I wonder if you could help me. I have a patio cherry tree and have noticed at the moment the top leaves are developing little holes. Have you any suggestion as to why this is and what l should do about it.
  • Hi I bought a lemon tree in Jan. It had one lemon on it which is still green. Should it have turned yellow by now? It's got other green fruit coming and it also has sprouted a new shoot of about 2ft from the centre of the tree. Is this normal or should I cut it off? The tree is thriving in my conservatory and very healthy. Any answers please?
  • My Lemon tree has lost most of it's leaves during the winter, will it recover on it's own or is there something I should do? It was kept outside last summer but then put in our cool conservatory over winter.
  • just wondering if anyone has had success with bud grafting. our height here is 700mtrs above sea level so the seasons are later. I have been grafting on to wild plum what type I don't know but they are vigorous. I have been carrying this out over the winter period and so far all is looking well. It is all a bit experimental as I am trying pear and apples and cherries too. Will keep you posted on the outcome of our semi wild attempts.
  • iv just seen an advert for miniture patio fruit trees from a national paper.they are selling four trees in the package. a golden delicious apple,a pear,a plum and a red gala apple.Dont these trees need to be in pairs for pollenation ie male and female or are they likely to be self pollenating.please help.