Forum home Talkback

Talkback: Buying fruit trees

• my breaburn and goldendelicious apple trees have plenty of blossom but don't look like there is going to be any fruit. as anyone any idea what i can do to improve the problem
  • I bought a supermarket Victoria Plum tree three summers ago, it settled down very well and grew until last summer. It lost it leaves very early and this Spring it is quite dead. I don't know if it was the quality of the tree or something I did or didn't do. Seems to me that it is just luck with supermarket plants. I have bought many small plants that have been fine.
  • hi
    I bounght a Sunset ( cox type ) apple from Morrisons supermarket - wrapped in plastic last Spring. Planted it in North Britanny holiday home. It produced 20 fruits . Wintered really well. Full of blossom this Easter. Hoping fro a good crop
    John
  • hi,iv just started gardening for the first time and feel that considering i dont know much, thing,s are going very well,iv got myself a plum tree but dont no what or where to put it? can you help? thank,s katrina
  • Hi

last year i purchased a bare root dwarf apple tree. I have planted it i a large pot on the patio. it grew well. This year it has leafed nicely although i have had no blossom. i have just noticed that the new leaves have a white sort of dust over them and are curled. Is this normal? Can you helpor advise.
    thank you
  • Hi,

I'm new to gardening and need some advice please- I bought a cherry tree about 2 months ago, planted it in a large pot, leaves came out and I was very happy but now they have wilted and fallen off? Any ideas why? Also my olive tree was doing great until it started getting full of ants- I spray it with various things, ants go away for a while than come back and the tree looks rather ill now.

Thank you very much.

Eleni
  • I have just bought a little lemon tree. I have just picked the only full sized fruit and it was delicious, There are lots of blossom and tiny fruits but do I have to remove most of these to get more full sized fruits, or should I just wait and see what happens. Some of the tiny fruits are already turning yellow. I'm using summer feed to help with leaf drop.
  • we have got sticky leaves on our lemon tree and i washed it with soapy water and repotted it,will it be ok?
  • My lemon tree was bought in a bit of a sorry state from B & Q reduced to £10 but had 3 lemons on it. We picked them when ripe and they were great. Not knowing much about lemon trees I left it alone and now about 3 weeks later, 7 fruit have just started to appear. I didn't do anything to the tree other than keep it well watered and it is in my porch so it is kept warm. I am looking forward to seeing if the fruit develops!!
  • Hello I have 2 lemon trees. One has lemons and the other one nothing. They stand next to each other. I live on the costa brava, so no complaints with the cold. This summer especially it was very hot. the trees have plenty of water. Can you tell me why my one lemon tree has not got any fruit ? Also the orange tree, last year 24 oranges, this year 1.
    Help
    thank you