I built a cat toilet

I built this at the weekend

a sand pit with weed membrane at bottom and some pebbles and left over cat litter covered in 3 bags of child sand.

wasn't sure if one of my cats would use but within in an hour it was all dug and little presents spotted about.  Now i can just easily collect these and not dodge the load of poo i keep finding and treading in.

hopefully she will continue to use and stay off the Japanese rockery.  it luckily sits well at back of my scene and is not seen from main viewing angle and just away from the strawberry patch

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,605

If you can put a roof over it to keep the sand dry it'll be more attractive to the cats - they don't like using wet sand.

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• nah now your pushing my skills and budget

hopefully she will get used to it and still use if wet and better than using muddy soil

the other cat goes out the garden somewhere like most cats normally do

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,605

Good luck image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,870

Sounds like a good idea.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,719

Super job, how about a leg at each corner and just lay a sheet of ply on it. No fixings then you can remove it easily.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• LesleyKLesleyK Posts: 4,029

An inspired bit of lateral thinking Marcimage.  Well done.

• flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,114

Look at my cat 

imageimage

• Snow MaidenSnow Maiden South Coast UKPosts: 863

Love your cat flumpy!!

• flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,114

Thanks flowers he's takes ages in the bathroom tho imageimage

• My other one just tries to drink out the bathroom