Care of plants

On my way home poped into local discount store - Ald i-  naming names, for some eggs etc.  Noticed that their fruit trees apple, cherries and so on were indoors whilst their lemons and tangerines were outdoors in a cold wind. Surely it would pay these discount stores to give their store managers 2 to 3 hrs training in basic plant care, just half a morning off.

• Mel MMel M Posts: 347

The thing I, and others, have noticed about bedding plants in said supermarket (and some 'pound' shops) is that they do not water their indoor plants. The display of shrivled up plants is rather upsetting. How long does it take?!! Fifteen minutes every now and then! It makes you think that if they have such a cavaleir attitude to their plant, does this extend to other produce. Come on mister supermarket manager, if you have to sell plants - look after them and get a better bottom line.

• Aster2Aster2 Posts: 629

I'm always upset when I go to our local Homebase and see the poor plants there.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,710

It doesn't help when supermarkets often have fresh flowers and orchid plants just  inside the front door so they all get a draught all day long

Devon.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,265

Our Morrisons is brilliant with the plants, they open the under cover bit that usually houses the trolleys and there are staff there who look after the plants really well.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.