Greenhouse thingy

• rosemummyrosemummy Posts: 2,010

v jealous got a pathetic little 3 shelf zip up one which i must learn to call a coldframe, zip broke after 5 mins, to be fair it was under £10 and all my overwintered seedlings/ baby plants ( stocks sweet williams campanula, sweet peas) have been fine

• GWRSGWRS Posts: 6,848

Rosemummy , didn't get mine until I retired from full time workimage

Had for a long time plastic frame thingy , although winter gales have ripped the plastic  past repair , bought a new cover , not yet fitted , another job 

• All your GH's look so professional. Mine looks good from a distance but is definitely on the same level as the plastic frame thingy. There is about the same place in it as two of those... but it works at the moment.

Gardenviking , the most important thing is it works for you 

Happy gardening image

Hello everybody , back off hols so started to tidy / sort out greenhouse for seeds ect.

Just done a potatoe sack , swift , first earlies and put in g/h , yo cold for outside 

How is everybody doing with there ?

Got a greenhouse frame up at allotment but need to glaze it this year image

• I just hang an extra shelf in my greenhouse. It means half crawling through my 7' square space but at least the mice can't get to my seedlings. The first tomatoes are potted up...

• I'm about to go on holiday for best part of a week so all is on hold until I return!

• LantanaLantana Posts: 5,799

GWRS, I'm new on here and so I've only just seen your pic of your bubble wrapped greenhouse. Can I ask how did you secure the wrap, did you tape it to the glass or use fixings of some sort? This was my greenhouse's first winter and it got so cold in thereimage

• TooeyTooey Posts: 91

like rosemummy, I too have a lovely little zip-up 'greenhouse' which means I'm not jealous at all of the other lovely greenhouses on display, not at all... image

Lantana , some pictures may help 

The black plastic things slot into glazing bars and push though bubble rap and secure it with the round thing 

The picture of the bolt secures the bubble rap on the apex and where you can't use the black things. 

Everything from B & Q

I also have an automatic opener and I just cut the bubble rap for it to work 

best of luck any more queries let me knownimage