Anyone else strapped for space?

So I've been kicked off the sons bedroom windowsill with its nice warm radiator. Still shouldn't have sown so many seeds. 150 agastache urticifolia alba for a start off, and my blooming idea to turn a lawn into a meadow (some non-natives but hey I'm in it for the bees). £10 for a fan heater, trusty bed sheet for when that sun (haha) does come out, et voila .  see for yourselves.

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,257

150 - agastache, big garden thenimage

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Don't know about you Lyn, but I just can't bring myself to sentencing all those over-sown self collected seeds to a slow putrefying death in the compost. No, probably keep 50 for a few good stands in my long (80ft) bee border, and pass the rest on to my daughter.

Always daft when it comes to seeds, and their 'possibilities'. Trawling the internet for wildflowers for bees n butterflies, finding I'm sometimes grateful that I'm only 50% successful when I have to come up with innovative ideas as to where I bring on the unfortunate 'survivors'.

31m x 11m the back garden by the way and 7m x 5m at the front.

• Verdun, watching the bees on the nepeta, lambs ears, hearing them hummming away in the Laurens Grape poppies, Summer can't come soon enough.

• Ha ha ha aym280. No the electric propagator in the picture doesn't work, I rely on radiators in the main, especially the one in the first borns bedroom. If I took a picture of that you would have hysterics - the sill is only 3 inch wide so imagine extra width being gained by cardboard flaps sellotaped to it, with corrugated cardboard stanchion supports, hanging there as if a magician was levitating a body above a nice warm radiator.

• Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,155

You've made my day seeing all those stacked propogators image

I've not started sowing yet but there's already no room on the dresser in the back bedroom due to spuds chitting and I've four rather large chilli plants taking up room on the kitchen window sill, one of which will eventually grow to 4-5ft so that space is already taken care of till hardening off time...

• Tell me about it, my first born loves chillies, all winter they sit there, hardly wet, but constantly monitored, taking up the whole 9' of the living room windowsill, we even trim the up for Christmas!

Just shown my daughter the picture, she's nicknamed it Papas Leaning Tower Of Propagators!

• Ah but you can't get (pardon the spellinks) Chillackles n Pastiyas n Chilawys, let alone Cherry Bombs and Fiji Bongos (seed collected in Fiji by my daughter), oh almost forgot the Aji Limons. If I were to let them die my son would make my life hell I tell you. In their second year they're prolific and early too.

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,724

Inspirational stacking systemimage. My eyes are always bigger than my tummy when it comes to seedsimage

......and, yes, I know you're not supposed to eat themimage

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.