Forum home Talkback

Clematis armandii

124»

• RedwingRedwing Posts: 875

And here is the Clematis cartmaii 'Avalanche' just beginning to flower.

• TopbirdTopbird Posts: 5,520

Lovely - loadsa buds! - and the green and white look good against the black image

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • RedwingRedwing Posts: 875

Thanks Topbird.....such a lot of research has gone into this project.  The title is no longer appropriate but I am happy with my choices and thanks to all who contributed to this discussion. I made changes to my plans and took advice and glad I did.

This is a picture of my Armandii  taken this morning. Can't remember how old it is, must be at least 7-8

if you enlarge the photo you will see where the roots are planted, but my greenhouse has only been there 2 years, before that it was mainly exposed ( west facing wall ) I have never fed it and I just trim to keep in shape from time to time,the perfume from the flowers at the moment is heavenly ! I am lucky as I have metal fencing all around my garden and it trails around that beautifully. I'm not so sure I would want to grow it against a wall .

the

• MayLaneMayLane Posts: 199

Just planed two Amandii against a 12 -14 foot by 10 metre wall in our garden along with an evergreen honeysuckle and pyracantha. Bit worried now!