GW magazine subscription

I see GW are giving a 52% discount by offering a 12 month subscription for £25, which is tempting. But is this a genuine offer or are they offering this kind of deal all the time?

• LesleyKLesleyK Posts: 4,029

It may not quite be what it seems LeadFarmer unless you've seen the offer somewhere else.  When I read it I understand the offer is £25 for the first five issues and then £43.20 for every 12 months.  So it's not quite what it says on the tin.

The other offer is a trial subscription of 5 issues for £5 then £22.95 every six issues.  

I have just renewed my subscription as I wouldn't like to be without the welcome thump of the magazine coming through the door each monthimage

• If thats true then £25 for the first 5 issues makes them £5 each, which isn't much of an 'offer'.

Its rather confusing as there are multiple links to click, each with a different price. But when clicking on the 'Subscription' link at the very top right of this web page the offer states 12 issues for £25, and eventually leads to another page which states the same.

So would £25 for 12 issues be a particularly good deal , or are they often offering this kind of price?

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee192/thebear843/Screen%20Shot%202016-02-25%20at%2008.50.50_zpsxoqcxyro.png

• Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 2,785

I wonder if they have written this wrong as it says both £25 for 12 and then underneath for just 5image

If it helps I paid £29.99 for 12 on the immediate media site a few months back, so if you pay £25 I would say that's a good dealimage

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,710

go for the 5 issues for £5, then cancel it before the full price kicks in. Repeat. 

Devon.
  • NoraWNoraW Posts: 393

Hi guys image

To clarify the current subscription offers...

Anniversary Offer

12 issues for £25 (over 50% saving). Then, pay £43.20 every 12 issues (17% saving)

Trial Offer

5 issues for £5. Then, pay £22.95 every 6 issues (12% saving)

More details, and direct links to subscribe, can be found on this page:
    http://www.gardenersworld.com/subscribe/ 

Hope that helps!

• Kathy 2Kathy 2 Posts: 109

I have always got my subscription through Tesco club card. I have just paid £15.50 in vouchers for mine - for 12 issues - BARGAIN.

• LesleyKLesleyK Posts: 4,029

Lucky you Kathy - wish we'd got a Tesco nearimage.

The offer makes more sense now it's been proof-read.  Shame I spent £39.99 on Tuesdayimage.

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,269

12 issues for 25.00 is good but they want your credit card number up front ready to take next years out at full price. 

i never used to shop in Tesco either, but do have a Tesco credit card and mobile phone, that makes enough vouchers for my RAC subscription and GW mag every year.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,710

we used to have a tesco within walking distance from my old house and I only went there to buy booze. I hate tesco.image

Devon.
  • Lyn, after making credit card payment is there a way of opting out of any auto renewal subscription?