Talkback: Geoffrey Smith

2»

• How about re-running some of Geoffrey Smith's
    gardening programmes or give viewers the choice
    between the 2010 and the 1980's episodes--you might
    be surprised at the result! We so miss the calm
    delivery of Geoff, Jeff and Monty.
  • Hello!
    Very Interesting post! Thank you for such interesting resource!
    PS: Sorry for my bad english, I'v just started to learn this language ;)
    See you!
    Your, Raiul Baztepo
  • Rabbits on the allotment! "You can throw stones at them, but woe betide you if you hit one"
    Such a caring abd sensitive man. I still hum his signature tune when I go to my allotment. Such an inspiration.
  • Does anyone has any old videos or DVD's of Geoffrey Smith please, particularly his fruit garden series?

I have an uncle who has dementia and we have converted a couple of his laserdiscs to DVD and they're helping him tremendously, as well as being great viewing and full of tips for me as well image

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 22,213

Have you looked on you tube?   Found this 13 minute bit of the fruit garden.  There may be more if you look harder. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_ZSPCs8yTY

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Yes we have seen this and the second part also on YouTube,  it was this and Geoffrey's Desert Island discs recording from Radio 4.

Apart from being very enjoyable we also noticed that they helped my uncle. 

Have managed to get copies of Indoor Garden, Flower Garden and Vegetable Garden ( with a bit of damage) converted from laserdisc so we can watch then as we don't have a LD Player.

I note he mentions the Fruit Garden videogram at the end of one of these but have not come across it yet.

Thanks for replying and posting link all the same though, it's reassuring to know others read this thread.

• Link to Desert Island Discs interview. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0094375

Last edited: 25 July 2017 11:02:16