Kniphofia Tawny King

Haven't seen it in "real life" but like the look of it.  Got the right spot but is it really as impressive in colour as the various pics suggest. ?

Thanks in advanceimage

• PerkiPerki Rossendale - LancashirePosts: 1,660

I got one but I haven't planted it in the garden yet, bought it as a plug by mistake image last year. It looking nice and health in a 3litre pot ready to be planted out soon. 

• Thanks Verdun.........off to Kelways on Thursday to collect some plants........they didn;t have the Kniph's I was particularly after but did suggest Tawny King.  Whilst it's not a substitute for my preferred ones, it did look and sound good, they have it and I can fit it in quite happilyimage

• Perki.......thanks .......that sounds like another YES vote thenimage

• Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 2,784

Here's a few pics of mine if it helps, Philippa - I think it has a nice glow to it and it is tall:

I'm not quite over my poker phase, seen one recently called Penny Rockets I quite like the look ofimage

• Thanks Victoria.......they definitely look goodimage

Thanks to you too Snow......it certainly helps that others have been happy with this one.  Oddly enough Bees Lemon and Percy's Pride are the other 2 I'm after along with Nancy's Red.  image