Rabbit waste for composting

Hi- not sure what subject this should be under! I have rabbit waste available on a regular basis for composting. Makes fab compost mixed with your green waste. It is all bagged in clean bags and available at the end of every week. I am a hobby breeder so have quite a number of rabbits. I am in Hoddesdon Hertfordshire(just outside the M25) Hopefully someone is going to be able to make use of it. I will be away until 24th Feb so please bear with me if you should reply to this post. Thanks

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,410

Oh I wish you were nearer!  I used to get guinea pig waste from a colleague, but she moved and I retired.  Rabbit poo makes fantastic compost. 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,234

Kind offer Kim, wish I lived nearer bu yes it does makes lovely compost.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Some waste will be available lunchtime Thursday 3rd

• Rabbit poo (and that of other lagomorphs) is unique inasmuch as it's the only one that can be applied directly to the soil around plants without the risk of burning them.

Kim - you could try googling contact details for your local Gardening Club, Horticultural Society or Allotment organisation - I'm sure they'd beat a path to your door image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,622

offer it on freecycle. You'll be inundated.

Devon.
  • I have offered it on freecycle but not one response as yet

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,622

ungrateful s*ds  around you Kim. grr

Devon.

Do you know the Streetlife website - it's more local than Freecycle

www.streetlife.com

a really good community website.  Lots of gardening stuff swapped on our local one (also lost cats, ducks and chickens found etc).

• Thank you Dovefromabove - I have registered and offered it on there also