Humphhhh - Sunday night blues for working gardeners.

Hello - anyone else out there get that Sunday evening feeling when you know it'll be a whole working week before you can spend a full morning or afternoon pottering about in the garden?  Humphhh indeed...

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,251

I can just about remember that Tootles, retirement is a wonderful thing image

or would be without all the achesimage

• SalinoSalino Posts: 1,609

..when gardening takes over your life,  I always found it useful to get a job working evenings and weekends only....

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,772

50 working days left until retirement!!! image

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
  • nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,251

have you got a big chart on the wall and are you crossing out the days Dove?

• TootlesTootles Posts: 1,470

Ooooh Dove you lucky thing!  I've got another 27 years... at least!! 

Nut - sorry to hear of your aches.  Perhaps Dove can come and give you a hand in 50 days time!

• XX Posts: 707

Hi Tootles, I work as a gardener and never get that Sunday evening feeling image Saying that, I have got next week off and am looking forward to not gardening for everyone else for a week...

• TootlesTootles Posts: 1,470

PaulaH - I hope you have a fab week off.  Lots of time to garden for yourself...and drink lots of tea...eat cake...listen to the radio...go for long walks...maybe a bit of shopping.... I am VERY jealous!!

• XX Posts: 707

Some of that going on Tootles, but also a trip to cinema with offspring and also a day at Blackpool Pleasure Beach image as its nearer than Alton Towers!  Hopefully will get out and do something in my own garden as well.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,772
    nutcutlet wrote (see)

have you got a big chart on the wall and are you crossing out the days Dove?

Yes!!! image

As for helping you out - I think Tootles is just a bit closer to you than we are image - but we're happy to come and supervise - we could bring sandwiches and cake - we owe you a lunch image

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
  • addictaddict Posts: 659

Ditto to what Paula said....except the week off obviously.