Forum home Plants

Salvia "Amistad"

• SammymummySammymummy SurreyPosts: 129

Oooh, you are talking about Salvias - mine just arrived from Crocus in 9cm pots. I'm going to plant them out in the rain tomorrow image(have no patience and time to pot them on)

Hi Verdun, I bought Amistad, Mainacht, Amethyst, Nachtvlinder & Viola Klose (seem like a lot of German names). I don't have a green house, so where do I keep them?

Thank you Verdun, I'll do that. I don't want to kill the precious Salvias. So my weekend plan is potting them on in the rain (rain forecasted) image

• Thanks for your comments, everyone.  I am on the south coast and the plants are in a sheltered south-facing position so I hope they won't suffer even if we get any any cold snaps in the next few weeks.   When mulching, is the aim to pile stuff right over the top to cover it completely (for insulation), or to feed the surrounding roots, avoiding the actual base of the stem?

• JIMMMYJIMMMY Posts: 241

Update,

Last year I planted some Amistrad out side our church, which a lot of people admired ,"AND" took cuttings off!

I trimmed them down slightly in December  to make them more manageable, well I was at a meeting there this morning and had a quick look, some of them have minute shoot on their stems, so they are still alive!

• steven26steven26 Posts: 2

hello, have just joined! I planted 6 Salvia Amistad last year but didn't think any had survived the wet winter. Digging one out, the roots look healthy so have cut right back and left them alone. still no sign at all of life on the surface. Any ideas to kick start them into life?