Barnsdale Gardens

Anyone been?

Im in the area of Barnsdale later this week and was going to go take a look. Is it worth seeing at this time of year?

http://www.barnsdalegardens.co.uk

• Oh, yes LeadFarmer...several times.

A wonderful place with reminders of the great man himself at every turn.

Enjoy this slideshow I compiled: http://s27.photobucket.com/user/DavidKnapper/slideshow/Barnsdale?sort=3

• MarygoldMarygold Posts: 322

I agree with DavidK. I've visited twice several years ago but in summer. I would think there is still plenty of interest and inspiration at this time of year.

• Those photos look excellent David. Looks like you were there in the summer, would the gardens still be worth seeing at this time of year, would there be much to see? 

• Quite right, LeadFarmer, those photos were taken on a glorious summer's day and, considering how busy they were, I was lucky to get those shots without people in them.

I've never visited at this time of year, but I would imagine it would still have its own attraction.......would heartedly recommend.

• Thanks, I guess I may as well go take a look whilst I'm in the area, think its currently only £6 entrance fee to I can always go again in the summer. And I may have some of the garden to myself if its quiet.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 53,914

Several of us went a couple of summers ago - it was lovely - some really good planting combinations - at least this time of year you'd get an idea of underlying structure and then if you visited again in the summer that would inform what you saw then image

The café was very good - huge portions as I remember! image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Well worth a trip Verdun - good ice cream too! image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

I did image